Friday, November 16, 2012

rose, jam/cheese logs


I worked in my studio in the morning Wednesday (11/14) before heading to the doctor’s at 11 AM.  I love my doctor and he took me to task for not taking care of my body as I should…..so, I have until the end of January to make some changes, and then he wants to see me again.  I hit the bank and the grocery store on the way home, and did a bit of organizing before heading to the kitchen.  Michael and I put together a sweet potato casserole then packed it up and headed to Osceola Methodist (where I quilt on Thursdays) for their Thanksgiving dinner.  Dinner was wonderful, with more food and desserts than you could shake a stick at.  Michael was especially pleased to find ice box cake as one of the desserts…one of his childhood favorites.  When we got home, I put together 2 jam cheese logs (picture tomorrow) to rise overnight.

A few days ago, Michael picked what will surely be the last rose of summer…

 

 Thursday morning (11/15) I was up early to get a few things done before Jan picked me up at 8:45.  We had a trunk show at quilting and we needed to be there early to set up the chairs and food.  I baked the logs at the church:
 
 

 and they were a big hit.  That might be the first time I’ve made them since we’ve moved down here….Michael doesn’t really care for cream cheese, so I have no reason to make them.

The trunk show was terrific…we had lots of quilts, lots of guests, and once again….lots of food.  Jan and I finally made it home around 1 and I spent most of the day and night reading a new book.  I did stop around 6:30 to go to choir practice (Osceola asked me to sing their Christmas music with them and I accepted), but when I came home, it was back to reading again before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.