Sunday, November 4, 2012

black/white purses, art crawl


Thursday (11/1) went by in a flash.  I tried a new roll recipe for quilting…but I didn’t put enough yeast in it, so it rose rea-a-a-a-ally slowly.  I was 45 minutes late to quilting with my dough.  Michael and I both like this recipe better…the crusts on the rolls get crispier than my old recipe, PLUS, it made enough dough that I could make rolls for Michael for dinner (normally he never gets any rolls when I make them for quilting because everyone SNARFS them down, regardless of how many I make J.)  I just did a bit of knitting at quilting…and a LOT of visiting.  I stopped at Jimmy & Sally’s on the way home for a visit and didn’t get home until 2:30.  I had to iron something in the afternoon and FINALLY got the new purses pressed and THUMPED (you fiber floozies should certainly understand that remark J):   

I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening doing what I’ve been doing for the past 3 days….reading a fabulous book by Jody Picoult called SING YOU HOME.  OMgoodness, a friend gave it to me and I just loved it.  I stayed up until mid-night and finally finished it.

Friday (11/2) the marathon begins…we are up at 7 to start setting up the house for the ART CRAWL we are part of over the weekend.  It takes all day and we still aren’t finished by the time we leave to see a friend in a play in Charlotte.  The name of the play was SYVIA, and it was mostly about a dog (played by a young blond woman).  It was certainly unusual….we got home around 11 and fell into bed shortly afterwards.  Saturday morning we were up again at 7, finishing setting up the house, making mulled cider and baking spice cookies.  All was ready by the time the first customers appeared at 10:











 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We had about 54 people in all, and did very well.  I left at 3:45 for another performance by the band.  It has been a year since I started….my first gig was the air show in Monroe, NC and that’s where we performed again Saturday night.  I got home close to 11 and was exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow!! What a beautiful display!! Michael looks like he's been just as busy as you....It really looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.