Tuesday, November 6, 2012

art crawl, Cookie, tooth faiy pillows


Sunday (11/4) I made buckwheat pancakes for breakfast (Michael’s favorite) and we got to relax a tiny bit before customers showed up again.  I had mulled cider in the crockpot again, and baked one sheet of spice cookies just before people arrived…again, everyone said how good our house smelled  J.  We had about 1/2 of the people we had on Saturday, but almost everyone bought something, so that made it worth doing from NOON until 4 on Sunday.  At one point my scarf rack was looking pretty bare because I had sold so many, so Lynne decided she would make it into a purse rack….she has such a good eye…I thought it looked like something artsy-fartsy my friend Mary Jo would have done:
 

 
And of course, we couldn’t have Cookie jumping all over everyone as they came in, so she was banned to the media room, and laid there whimpering as everyone passed by:

 
I sat down at 4:05 and put my feet up once everyone left, and Michael went to try out for a play in Charlotte.

I spent Monday morning completing 2 tooth fairy pillows for my neighbor:

 


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Paula came down for a nice talk around lunchtime, and in the afternoon I started working on some new snowflakes.  At 5 I went up to the Lake House to collect donations for our Thanksgiving food drive, at 6:30 the ART CRAWL participants all came up for a short meeting and to pull names for our raffle prizes, and at 7:15 I started collecting $$$ for the square dance.  Only 6 or so more dances before I am NOT treasurer anymore….YAY!!!!!  I got home after 8 and oh my…..I have the BEST husband on the face of the earth!!!  I don’t know why, but about a week ago, I just had a craving for a simple box of Kraft mac ‘n’ cheese.  Well…of course, there’s none in the house.  I have thought about making some…but just haven’t had the time…so when I get to the garage door, there is a big note on the door that says my honey has a big surprise for me.  I go inside…yep….CREAMY mac ‘n’ cheese (he knew I hadn’t eaten any dinner before I left at 5)….I can’t believe something out of a box tasted so good…I collapsed on the sofa at 8:30 with my yummy bowl and finally relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.