Friday, June 6, 2014

rosemary rolls, yoghurt, dipped oreos


I hopped up early Thursday morning (6/5) to get a lot done before heading to quilting.  I put together dough to bake CHEEZ-ITS crackers when I got home, made & formed the dough for rosemary rolls for subsequent baking at quilting,

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
packaged up Michael’s yoghurt (which had been fermenting overnight in the crockpot,


 
and dipped oreos with the last of my Christmas chocolate. 
 
sorry for the blurry pic!
 
The chocolate didn’t melt well (but I was surprised it melted at all considering it is 6 months old!), but that just meant that it was lumpy and Michael would get a higher chocolate to oreo ratio on his cookies  J.  By then it was time to pack up the car and head on out.  I worked on my quilts for the Sterling School Project (2 area churches are making beds for 200 school children and we are helping to make quilts) and finally figured out that I need 13 more blocks to complete my 2 quilts.  We had a luncheon at quilting (since it was the first Thursday of the month), so I didn’t get home until 1:15.  Michael immediately came out to greet me and to say that if we left right then, we could make our eye appointments, which had been pushed up by 1-1/2 hours!  I thought that was great news, as it would keep us out of 5:30 PM traffic on the way home.  (Needless to say, the CHEEZ-IT dough will have to wait until Friday).  We had our appointments and everything looks fairly good…Michael has the start of cataracts, but doesn’t really need them operated on for another year…and I don’t have to go back for 2 years.  We were home by 4 and I spent a delightful hour finding and loading some new music onto my IPOD (thanks to some gift cards to the ITUNES store).  We had leftovers for dinner, and I worked on my 3rd ‘new’ tumbling block until 9 PM when Michael and I watched FARGO (the new TV series, not the movie) before heading for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.