Sunday, June 29, 2014

dahlias, glads, blueberries


We got up at 5:30 AM on Thursday (6/19) and were on the road just after 6.  Pittsburgh was WONDERFUL (even though the Pirates lost to the Cinncinati Reds 11 - 4 L), but I was so ready to get home.  All in all, we put about 1750 miles on the car with this trip.  We stopped at a Denny’s for breakfast after several hours of driving, and other than switching off drivers/buying gas, we didn’t make any other stops.  We missed the Charlotte rush hour traffic mostly (YAY!) and were home just after 4 PM.  We got all of the suitcases unpacked, and many things put away before picking up Cookie at 6 PM.  We ordered dinner from Red Bowl…unfortunately they totally screwed up Michael’s order.  Instead of shrimp with pea pods, baby corn, carrots and mushrooms, he got shrimp LOADED with peppers and onions L.  He picked out the shrimp and ate that…I tried to eat a bunch of the peppers with my chicken, but there were TONS.  We called and they said he could stop up to get the ‘right’ entrée…so we will try that Friday night.  Otherwise….we both collapsed on the couch and did nothing more than watch TV until bedtime.

 *************************************

We both felt like we had been hit by a Mack Truck when we got up on Friday (6/21), but we had a lovely breakfast on the deck, watching our butterflies (courtesy of the botanical gardens...sorry, don't have a picture yet) and getting caught up with the paper.  Michael took the dog for a walk, then picked a bunch of flowers                      

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and blueberries,
 
and we both tried to get through most of our emails/etc before napping in the afternoon.  Barry stopped by to attach the rear handles to my long arm, and to fix the encoders….now I just have to get something new loaded up to try it out.  I hope to stop over Nancy H’s on Saturday to pick up some batting to get me going.  Jan and I took a quick trip to the library to return and pick up more books, and after a dinner of Chinese leftovers, we binge watched the last 2 episodes of FARGO….WHAT a series….it was great!

 ****************************************

Michael left before 8 AM for golfing at SCCL on Saturday (6/21).  I spent TWO HOURS watching long arm videos on YOUTUBE ….WOW…I really appreciate all of those people who take the time to film what they are doing and give you tips….but at 9 AM I decided I had to get moving!  I worked on putting stuff away around the house, but at 11 finally decided that I was having an allergy attack, or was getting a bug….so I took a nap….a L-O-N-G nap, until Michael got home around 2:30.  Nancy called and I ran up to her house to pick up 3 yards of inexpensive batting for my next practice on the long arm, then came home and set my hair (for the wedding we were going to at 6).  Long story short, when it was time to leave I had entered the have-a-temperature/feel-like-throwing-up-phase and decided it wasn’t allergies but a bug.  I insisted that Michael go to the wedding with Gale and Phil, while I stayed home and mostly slept.  He was home around 10 and brought me a piece of cake…I got up and ate the cake and headed straight back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.