Saturday, June 7, 2014

garden flowers


I don’t know what happened on Friday (6/5) but it definitely went by in a flash!  Michael found more flowers to pick for the house:

our red gladiolas in the front have started to bloom

he found another dahlia...it was on a stem OVER
6 feet tall!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and then left at 9 for golfing at Springfield.  He came home at 4 PM with an 81, including TWELVE PARS!!!!  He was smokin’!  I left just before 9 for my physical therapy appointment.  I stopped at the library on the way home, and by the time I was home, it was time to change my clothes and pick up Paula for lunch.  We went to a fabulous place called BRAVO’s…we both ordered the same pasta dish and it was terrific.  We also split a yummy piece of triple chocolate cake for dessert J.  We sat and talked for a long time, then she came to my house to check out the tumbling blocks wall hanging (which I think really impressed her) and the long arm.  When I dropped her off back at home, I said ‘let’s not wait 7 more years to go out to lunch!’  I read for an hour until Michael got home and we both got cleaned up in time for Gale & Phil to pick us up at 5 PM.  We went to a local, casual restaurant called THE BREW.  It used to be a biker bar, and has had 3 – 4 owners in the time we have lived here.  It was the first time Michael and I have visited and we will definitely go back….I got a chicken casear wrap with onion rings and Michael got a mushroom/swiss burger…both were excellent.  We were home by 6:30 and I spent most of the evening cutting out my triangles for the new, 3rd tumbling block.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.