Monday, June 9, 2014

CHEEZE-ITS, more gladiolas


I took an early morning bike ride on Saturday (6/7) and stopped at the grocery store for oj, bananas and WISK!  Michael was just leaving for golf at SCCL when I got home at 8:15 AM and took a banana with him.  At 11 AM we had a torrential downpour….but no sign of my honey…it really doesn’t rain on the golf course, does it J?  I spent the day in my studio, working on tumbling blocks of course!  We had leftovers for dinner, and watched TV in the evening, while I knit on the baby sweater.

********************************

We had Sunday morning (6/8) breakfast out on the deck…under gray skies…but there was no rain until around 11 AM when it came down in buckets!  I made a lemon pound cake (no picture because as is my norm with a bundt pan, the ENTIRE top half of the cake stayed in the pan when I unmolded it L).   I’d give the appearance 1 out of 10, but the flavor was 10 out of 10.  I also finally got my CHEEZE ITS baked…OMword…..they are FABULOUS!!! 
 
And only 5 ingredients…all of which you can pronounce (unlike the ones in the box).  They were like the best, crunchy cheese straws you’ve ever had.  I read my book while everything was baking, then finally headed downstairs around 1 to see what I was supposed to be working on.  I got a gauge started for the project I hope to take on vacation, and tried to pull together an order for a tiny bit more of the hand dyed fabric to complete the second tumbling blocks.  The rain snapped off more of our glads, so we added to an already full vase
 
We got a pizza for dinner and I read in the evening before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.