Monday, June 2, 2014

long arm quilting, dog beds


It was SUCH a beautiful day on Sunday (6/1), a few clouds in a gorgeous blue sky and it was very cool outside as well.  We had breakfast on the deck (my honey made us both eggs and rye bread)and enjoyed the sunshine and nice weather while reading the paper.  After that we decided it was time for more planting in the garden out back.  I had started some flowers from seed, so those went in, along with 2 – 3 squash plants.  Michael had a bunch more sunflowers that he planted all around the yard.  Then it was back to the long arm for me….I worked on quilting all day


I actually tried one of Nancy's pantographs, you can see the little red
laser dot on the bottom left at an inside point of the flower
 
(except for a LOVELY and long visit with Jan while Michael was working on her golf cart) and by dinnertime was taking my piece off the LA (long arm) and cutting it into 8 dog beds (each about 24 inches by 30 inches).  I got all of the edges serged before I headed upstairs, and after dinner got all of the ends sewn in




while we were watching THE WAY WAY BACK (a ‘rental’ from the library).  So, I'll turn those over to Willa on Thursday and she'll take them to the shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.