Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Michael and I are taking care of Marylu’s (neighbor) dogs over the 4th, so at 6 AM this morning, after I took care of Chloe, I wandered on over to ML’s house in my bathrobe and fed and played with and let out her 2 cocker spaniels.  She has a black and white named Ellie.  Ellie is just like the queen: very calm, very regal.  Summer is ML’s newest addition, she is buff colored and more like Fergie: fast, fun and frolick-y!  ML has a pet door, so we don’t have to worry about that, but I want to go over a few times today just to play with them since they are not used to being alone (and besides…I LOVE to play with them!)  When I got home, I shaped the hamburger bun dough I made on Sunday and left it to rise while I went downstairs to do some dreaded paperwork!  Michael left for golf around 8, and I came upstairs around 9:30 and got the rolls baked and also made deviled eggs.  I read my book for a bit and at 11 AM headed back to ML’s to play with the dogs a bit.  At 1 PM I headed to Dee and Howard’s (with eggs and buns) for a 4th of July cookout.  Michael got home from golf shortly afterwards and joined us, along with Anne and Bryce.  Dee and Howard had burgers and dogs and corn and these great seasoned potatoes and all the fixin’s.  Around 2 PM, another bunch of neighbors started to show up and surprise Dee for her birthday …yep…she’s a 4th of July baby!  Anne made a strawberry cake and brought chocolate and vanilla ice cream and everything was just scrumptious.  We stayed for quite a while and got to talk to everyone but finally came home around 4.  We went over to feed the dogs around 5:30 and then came home to relax.  We were so full from the party that we never did eat any dinner.  We haven’t seen any of “our shows” for awhile, so we spent the night snuggling on the couch, watching ROCKFORD FILES, MARY TYLER MOORE, and AS TIME GOES BY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.