Sunday, February 22, 2015

illusions layout, mile-a-minute, Diane's quilt



It was EIGHT DEGREES when we got up on Friday…..brrr_r_r!!  It’s been dropping all week…good thing I had planned to make soup for dinner.  I finished up the last of 63 blocks for the illusions quilt and set them aside for my honey to lay out for me.  I decided that the purple tulip quilt might be enhanced with something embroidered on it, so I found a couple of butterflies I liked and started to stitch those out.  While Michael was laying out the quilt 
if you squint, you can already see the 'floating' effect

 I finished up another 12 squares for my mile a minute quilt:  




 I have enough squares to make 11 blocks….I need 36 blocks for the whole quilt….but a little bit at a time I’m getting there  :~)  Berry came over at NOON to work on Miss Scarlett.  I still need to get a new control box, but for now he tweaked a few things and it is sewing beautifully on a new set of dog beds.  I hope to load up another customer quilt on Saturday.  At 3 PM I headed upstairs to get a start on dinner.  I made some Outback Steak House knock off brown bread rolls, and Barb W’s sausage soup (she brought us a BIG container near Christmas).  Susan & Jim came over at 6 PM and everyone pronounced the soup delicious!  And it was so easy too…I was glad Barb was willing to share the recipe when I asked her.  We played PHASE 10 (a card game that Debra & John introduced us to) for the evening and Michael was the big winner.  After a slice of cherry pie, and lots of talking, Susan & Jim headed for home and Michael and I read for about an hour before bed.

************************

Jan and I ran errands early Saturday morning (2/21) and we stopped for breakfast at Panera on the way home….yum!  I headed to the studio to finish off stitching out on the new dog beds.  My machine stopped once :~(, but when I checked, somehow the power cord for our tablet got disconnected, and once I connected it, I had no more problems  :~).  I emptied lots of 1/2 full bobbins on the dog beds, so that was another plus.  It was 2 PM when I finished up quilting on the piece for the dog beds and it took over an hour to unhook the dog beds and load up the next customer quilt.  By then Michael was home from 11 holes of golf, and he decided to take a soak, while I read in front of the fire….I took a soak afterwards and felt incredible  :~).  I wasn’t hungry, so I headed back downstairs to quilt while Michael had dinner.  By 8 PM the quilt was finished 














 
 Then it was couch and TV watching until bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.