Wednesday, February 18, 2015

ice coated street, Michael's clean table, smurfy ham & cheese



Everything was covered with ice when we got up on Tuesday (2/17) morning.   
our neighbors car - look at all of the icicles around the bottom



 We both had oatmeal for breakfast in front of the fire, then I headed back to the studio, while Michael decided to clean his under the table space.  He went from this:  


 to this:   


 Guess I’d better get busy and do mine because it looks even worse than his did before he started  :~(  I spent the entire day ironing and cutting up scraps from the leftover napkin fabric (and working on the quilt on Miss Scarlett).  I have a new quilt design I am HOT to try…but I have to cut out a bunch of stuff first….so it’s going to be awhile before I can start it.  I had an eye appointment in the afternoon…just a follow up after the laser surgery and my honey made me a smurfy grilled ham & Cheese sandwich before I left.   

Everything looked fine at the doctor’s and I was home by 3:30, once again ironing and cutting.  Anne & Bryce invited us over to share pizza with them and with Joe and we happily went.  Michael left at 6:30 to pick up Larry for the movies and I stayed and talked until 7, then it was home to the studio.  I was working on Pat’s quilt.  I kept spraying myself down with fabric softener and stitching out a row.  Then turning the machine off for 1/2 an hour, then doing it again.  In this way I FINALLY managed to finish stitching out the quilt.  I was just taking it off the leaders when I heard footsteps upstairs that about gave me a heart attack….it was Michael…home at 7:30….the movie theatre was closed!  I stayed downstairs until 10 PM, weaving in all of the ends on Pat’s quilt and was VERY grateful to go upstairs at 10 and collapse on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.