Tuesday, December 23, 2014


Michael ran a bunch of errands on Monday (12/22) morning (chiro, pet store, BJ’s & Harris Teeter), since he cancelled golf as it was rainy and cold, and I spent more of the morning and early afternoon starting to write our post-holiday missive for 2014 and finally starting the quilting on the blue/tan quilt I made earlier in the year.  Since I now know that I can stop my quilting when I am 1/2 way through, and come back to it and be able to start back up in the right place…I stopped in the late afternoon and headed over to Jeannie’s for a visit.  She and her honey went to Joann’s and she picked up a few things for me.  She also made her first run of homemade Bailey’s…..yum….as of course she said I had to test for quality control since it was my recipe  :~).  We had crab cakes and baked potatoes for dinner, then just watched TV for the rest of the evening.  I ripped out the knitting I had just started (for the SECOND time) and went back to casting on for a new hat.  I have a lot of leftover wool from knitting my entrelac sweater.  I usually don’t do charity knitting in wool, and didn’t know what I was going to do with the leftovers.  Of course my friend Nancy H had the solution…she knits for an Indian Reservation where they don’t really have modern laundry facilities, so most clothing is washed by hand…perfect for wool things, so when I am finally finished using up all of the yarn, I will mail it off to Pine Ridge.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.