Thursday, December 18, 2014

ironing board, minty crisps, lights on outside tree

Wenesday (12/17) started with good news/bad news.  The bad news was…it was another morning where I woke up at 3 AM, and finally decided to get out of bed at 3:30…the good news was…I got an awful lot done between 3 and 7  :~).  A couple of days ago my honey trash picked a new ironing board for me….Phil fixed the legs on the bottom and Larry gave me padding for the top…and I made a cover this morning.  It took me a bit of time to finish because as I was threading the thin rope through the casing on the underside to pull it taut...I was about 7/8 of the way done, when the rope pulled off of my safety pin.  I had to pull it out and start all over again  :~(.
eventually when this cover wears out I hope to buy some of that silver, teflon type
stuff to re-cover it with...but I was glad to find the green ticking fabric
at 4 AM in my stash!!!
 
I spent the rest of the morning getting things ready (still) for my after Christmas fun…and the afternoon making more food gifts.  I got 2 runs of minty crisps made and my honey got them all bagged up. 
please don't ask what it is with me and blurry pictures
because I have no idea!!!  these minty crisps
are setting up.
 
 
bagged and ready to go!
 
 
 
He made tortellini’s for dinner, after which I had my regular SKYPE time with Janice.  We watched a bit of TV afterwards and I finished knitting another ascot…just have to weave in the ends before picture taking time…

 
My honey finally got a picture of the tree outside of our house….Paula always organizes the neighborhood into wrapping their trees with white lights…it looks absolutely beautiful as you drive through the streets. 
 
 
This year Michael decided to add a little decoration to the tree as well
 
 
yep…those are golf balls hanging from our tree :~).











1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the golf ball ornaments !!! (MJ in CT)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.