Friday, March 11, 2016

Pear/Ginger Coffee Cake, Elsie a trois, quilting on fish quilt


I was up early Thursday (3/10) because I wanted to make my Pear/Ginger Coffee Cake to take to quilting.   
first step is chopping the candied ginger and pears


 While it was baking, Elsie was playing “dead cat” in the front hall:  






 I haven’t made the coffee cake forever and it was a big hit…I came home with nary a crumb!  I started to sew together my fall/leaves squares into the final block configuration….I figured it’s going to take about 6 weeks to get all of the blocks made…but that’s ok….the quilts won’t be donated until the fall anyway.  When I got home from quilting I resisted the urge to take a nap, and headed to the studio to continue to quilt the first fish quilt instead.  I’m using a simple stipple in blue….I think it looks a bit like ripples in the water.   


 After the last 2 quilts that I quilted with feathers (which took FOREVER to stitch out), I wanted something simple.  Michael got home at 4 PM after the first rehearsal for a play here at SCCL.  He was very depressed that the director seemed totally disorganized and he is not looking forward to the next 8 weeks :~(.  He had leftover ruebenwich for dinner, while I stayed downstairs and finished quilting the first fish quilt.  At 8:30 I finally headed up to watch TV and finish up a scarf I’ve been working on (pics in a few days, after it is blocked).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.