Thursday, March 17, 2016

Cookie, sandwich dough, roll dough, quilting on patriotic, 2 labels



Michael was up at 6 AM for golf here at SCCL on Wednesday (3/16) and I followed shortly afterwards.  I had a lot of baking to get done and also a lot of sewing I wanted to do :~).  I try to stay out of the kitchen while Michael is making his breakfast and getting ready to go…so I headed to the studio first.  I got the program set up to quilt the patriotic quilt and by then Michael was gone, so I headed upstairs.  Cookie had already “assumed the position” when I got there  :~).   


I put together sandwich bread dough (since we were out) 

at the end of the first rise

shaped and ready to rise again

perfect, ready for the oven

voila...Joanne & Larry got the extra 1/2 loaf






















































and also roll dough 

 
after the first rise

shaped, they rose in fridge and baked at the church




























to take to Oscelola Wednesday night.  Then it was back to the studio.  In the afternoon I finally finished quilting the first patriotic (since the block itself was a star, I didn’t want to do any star quilting, so I just did stippling in blue), 



and loaded up fish quilt #3.   


I also got 2 labels made for the first 2 fish quilts. (Now I just have to get them bound!) 



You know I put together and try to maintain my list of quilting threads?  Well, in the afternoon, I got the email I had been waiting for….40% off thread for one day only.  I sat down and ordered 41 more spools to fill in my inventory…WHOO HOO!!  At 5 PM we got cleaned up and collected all of our stuff and headed to Osceola for family night…hosted by the quilters.  The food is always incredible and we had a bunch of door prizes for our program.  I had donated 2 hand knit scarves (which Michael had wrapped, remember?) and they both went to people I know…so that was nice.  We were home shortly after 8 PM and I had a long talk with Jan before settling down with my honey for a bit of TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.