Wednesday, March 16, 2016

second place ribbon on quilt, Larry & Michael, loading up for new quilts



It was another early morning on Tuesday (3/15) as Michael had to BE at his foot doc appointment by 9 AM, and Jan picked me up shortly afterwards for our morning out.  She had an eye doctor’s appointment which took several hours…after that we just had time to have lunch at CHIPOTLE and head on home.  Jan dropped me off at the Lake House for Stitch and Chat and Joanne brought me home.  I’ve started to work on a new hat (and hope to do matching mittens and a scarf)for Clinton School.  Pictures as things are finished…don’t hold your breath  :~).  I had a VERY exciting note from Michael when I got home….one of my long arm customers called and she won a second place ribbon at the Charlotte Quilt Show on one of the quilts that I quilted for her…..YAY!!!  I was so happy to hear that.  I called her and we talked for a bit…this is the quilt that won a second place ribbon:   


Trust me…I was thrilled!  I read my book for the rest of the afternoon, and talked with Michael about a bunch of stuff once he got home from rehearsal.  There wasn’t anything at the movies that Larry and Michael wanted to see, so Michael made popcorn and Larry came over and watched a DVD of an old movie called FOXCATCHER with Steve Carell.   

 I stayed in my studio and got the third fish quilt all finished and loaded up a double backing of blue polar fleece and basted down the first patriotic quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.