Sunday, August 18, 2013

Elsie & Cookie, coasters, one pan pasta


I took my bike ride Saturday (8/17) in 62 degree, lightly rainy weather, but actually it was quite pleasant.  I wore my sunglasses, so no water in the eyes and I was nice and cool.  I added in a library visit on the ride to return some books, and was home by 8:30.  Michael was already gone…convinced that he could play golf in the rain…and actually, they got in 9 holes before it became a deluge!  I got a bit of sewing done while this was going on:

I didn't sign up for a cat blanket!

oh well, I'm tired and I don't feel like moving



hmmm - keeping me nice and warm on this rainy, cold day

so-o-o-o relaxed.....

ok...time to shift positions









 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’m teaching a class at Thursday quilting on coasters, so I needed to make sure I still knew how to do them (got 2 made so far):
 
before heading out to the airport to pick up Susan and Melanie after their 2 week cruise around England and France.  By the time I got home, I put together rolls and the one pan pasta for dinner (with all of those plum tomatoes from our garden): 

 


Sue & Dennis and Ann Mary & Jim showed up at 5:30 with a salad and dessert.  After dinner we all headed up to the Lake House for an Old Time-y Radio show.  It was 3 mysteries which were really fun, along with commercials after every segment which were REALLY funny!  We were home relatively early and watched some of our shows before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.