Saturday, August 17, 2013

banana bread, charity quilt #3

I had a wonderful day on Friday (8/16).  There was a quilting/knitting expo down in Columbia and Lisa (a new friend from Thursday quilting) and I decided to go.  She came to my house at 8 AM and we didn’t get home until 4:30.  And we talked and talked and talked and talked!!!  Religion, politics, how we met our hubbies, sewing rooms, food, social issues, family, I don’t even remember everything but it was great J!  She is a fabulous quilter and experienced knitter…so it was wonderful to talk about our various projects.  The expo was good too…lots of vendors with lots of interesting stuff.  We finally stopped for lunch around 1:30 and I had a great fish sandwich.  The only downside was that it was torrential rain on the way down….and rain about 1/2 way home…so by the time I got home, I think I was just tired from the driving in the rain and I took a little nap.  The drive should have taken about 2 hours each way...but was more like 2-1/2 due to the weather).Michael came home shortly afterwards (he had been up at the course playing a few holes) and we had dinner.  He decided to go and look at a new driver with Phil, and while they were gone, I got some banana bread made (I gave away part of the loaf to Anne & Bryce before I even got the picture taken):



 He had a movie he wanted to watch in the evening, so I worked on the binding of my quilt, and by 11 PM it was all done:









 

 

This is the third of mumble-mumble-too-many-to-count quilt tops that is finally quilted.  I haven’t yet decided where I’m donating these quilts…I hope to get at least one more done before the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.