Saturday, December 22, 2012

front porch rug


Friday morning (12/21) since the world didn’t end at 5 AM (according to the Mayans) I decided I had to start cleaning my house  J.  With all of the baking and candy making it has gotten steadily worse.  I did that for a bit, had a short visit from Marilyn (fellow knitter) and her daughter Deanna, then my friend Connie came to visit for a bit.  We haven’t seen each other in awhile, so we got caught up on all of the news.  She also commented on how much she loved our new porch accessories.  My neighbor is moving out of SCCL, and she had indoor/ourdoor carpeting on her front porch.  I’ve always liked it, and our old rug was VERY worn, so I called to see if she was getting rid of it.  Michael and I went down and looked at it, and gave her $25 and brought it home:
 

 

I think it makes our front porch look totally classy!  All we need is one more adirondack chair, which I hope to buy in 2013.  Connie left just as Michael was coming home from yet another appointment with the AAA people about our trip to VEGAS in June of next year.  Michael and I talked for a bit, then he sat down in the living room, with the fire on, and with his current book.  I thought that looked TOO inviting for words, so I made hot chocolate, turned on the lights of our tree, wound up our kinetic sculpture, grabbed my book and joined him…it was a delightful afternoon!  We decided to get Chinese for dinner, and watched our 3rd Christmas movie in the evening, a TV movie called NOEL.  What a nice ending to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.