Thursday, August 16, 2012

new purses, Cookie, labels


Michael left early for golf Wednesday (8/15) and after my walk with Beth, I headed up to the farmer’s market.  I got 1/2 a bushel of tomatoes (to make more roasted sauce), 1/2 a melon (split with a friend of mine) and 5 large peaches (for peach cobbler on Sunday).  I headed downstairs once I got back home, and by 1 PM I had finished these:






Obviously the ‘marlene’ one is already sold, I embroidered 2 others with ‘mah jongg’ and the other 5 are plain.  Here’s what my ‘audience’ was doing while I was sewing J:


After I finished with the purses, I started working on another set of snowflakes.  I’m going to make the same pink/silver ones; I think they are gorgeous and I still have fabric left.  Here’s the beginning, 84 pieces with fabric on either side:


 I also got 2 labels made for a friend: 














Michael came home with an 86 for his efforts, and sat down to work once again on the wall hanging for the living room.  We decided to drastically reduce the number of colors we were using, and although I will hate to do it, I think I HAVE to make one more small sample before forging ahead.

I quit working on stuff at dinner, and went upstairs to bake 4 different kinds of cookies (I just kept finding baggies of frozen dough!) to send to the kids to keep up their strength while unpacking in their new apartment in Ithaca.  I wanted to weave in the evening, but I kind of lost my momentum, so I just knitted 10 rows on a charity blanket for breast cancer and it is now ready to go on to the next person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.