Saturday, July 20, 2019

Linda H, Linda G, Queen's Feast with Ralph & Candyce, Ann & Tim


It was slightly cooler when we got up Friday morning (7/19), so Michael headed off for a short walk with Cookie, and I headed to my studio to work on a few things.  

I got a back loaded up on my frame, but suddenly felt so tired from a poor night’s sleep that I just took a long nap after that  :~(.  

I headed out at NOON to spend the rest of the day with my new-ish longarmmer friends, Linda H: 


and Linda G:  


We spent several fabulous hours together….Linda G showed us her custom quilting techniques: 




as well as several of her quilts:  

something she's been hand quilting FOREVER (according to her!)

Ginny - I thought this one and the next 2 looked right up your alley




Then she had several examples of 'machine embroidery' before that was a thing.  These days this might be called thread painting....it is INCREDIBLE.....all free hand sewing:





We never stopped talking the entire time!  

I got home in time to scoop up my honey and head to South Park for the Queen’s Feast at Del Friscos.  

We: 


met up with Candyce & Ralph: 


and Ann & Tim: 


for a wonderful dinner.  

I had the lobster bisque

while Michael had the Casear Salad

He had filets with 2 sauces for the main course

while I had crab cakes

and there was yummy cheesecake for dessert

We were home around 8:30 and just sat in the living room and read until bed.

This was the headline of the Charlotte Observer today:

Trump seeks to disavow ‘send her back’ chant as Democrats call for more security

Here’s the full article: https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-07-17/trump-new-chant-send-her-back


He goes on to say that he ‘wasn’t happy with it’ and ‘disagrees with it’.  Wait….what???  Is he in full on dementia?   Does he not remember saying that just days ago?  And then he, and apparently the entire Republican Party, are surprised when their supporters buy into that hate speech.  Really?   This is a surprise to you?  How can reasonable people not be shaking their heads over this?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.