Thursday, July 18, 2019

charity quilts, Chicken Sausage w/ Tomatoes/Spinach


Michael headed out early on Wednesday (7/17) for a routine dentist appointment and then some errands (Southern Spirits for some red wine…we haven’t had any in the house forever and I miss is it!, CVS and Harris Teeter) while I headed to my studio.  I finally feel like I have a bit of my energy back and that is a good feeling!  

I spent the morning getting the charity quilts off of my frame, weaving in bobbin ends, ripping out basting and getting them trimmed:  


They will be ready to go into Scrap Happy next Thursday when we work on quilting more of them, but I have 2 more to do at home before then.  My honey came home long enough to grab a jacket and head out to the movies.  There are a number of movies out that Michael wants to see, but Larry saw them all while we were away, so Michael left in the afternoon to see YESTERDAY (when he came home, he said it was AWESOME.....he's willing to see again...maybe at the library with me).  I paused for a 1 PM meeting about my MEDICARE supplemental insurance and prescription plan and finally feel I am squared away on that.  

Joanne stopped by for a quick visit and I was so excited to see her and was talking so fast that she asked me if I was on caffeine!  

I spent the rest of the afternoon trimming a recently finished quilt and reclaiming the fabric on the sides to make binding:  



My honey and I made dinner together….Chicken Sausage with Tomatoes and Spinach:  

saute onions in olive oil

throw in zucchini, or mushrooms or whatever else you like

add in chicken sausage

and a can of diced tomatoes...these are supposed to be fresh tomatoes, but our plants are NOT producing

seasoning

several handfuls of spinach

toss it around

add in cooked pasta of your choice

serve with a little feta on top....YUMM-O!!!

and then settled in to watch TV and knit.  I’m on the sleeve portion of a second Sweater for Africa  :~).

J&D move to NC

Well - they are officially Carolinians:



They each have a NC driver's license, and car and voter registrations!

And more cuteness on the way:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.