Friday, December 21, 2012

I'm baa-a-ack!

Hopefully I'm back on the board with this blog thing....cross your fingers that I've created room and can once again up load pictures.  ***IMPORTANT*** If you want to comment on any blog entry, it is important to know whether it is sent from the blog itself....or from me.  When you hit reply to something...unless it says DREAMSOAPS@AOL.COM in the 'to' spot...I won't get it...so make sure you put my address in if needed.
*******************************************
 
 
Well – it’s Friday morning, the week flew by and I have to figure out what we did!  Tuesday morning Michael and I finally did something we have been trying to do for the last 11 months….we (and Cookie) returned to the animal hospital where they saved her life when we first got her in January.  They were very happy to see her…they get very few puppies with parvo and even fewer survive.  We took lots of Christmas goodies to thank them for everything they did for her.  Tuesday afternoon Joanne and I went to Stitch ‘n’ Chat and Tuesday evening we watched our second Christmas movie THE PRINCESS BRIDE.

On Wednesday I did a bunch of errands in the morning, then came home to bake a Praline Pecan Cheesecake for quilting on Thursday.  For some reason I was very nervous, probably because I haven’t made one in forever, so of course I did what I always do when I’m nervous…I procrastinated.  This time it took the form of cleaning out my pantry…..it was pretty bad…I couldn’t find anything:

 


 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and here’s what it looks like now:
 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Michael came home and said WOW when he opened the door.  He was sweaty from golfing, but very happy with his 83, scored with an EAGLE on one of the holes!!  As long as he was already messy, I asked him to rake out the pine straw and dig a hole in the front of the house.  Since we took out the 2 big bushes in the front on the house, we have wanted one of those large clay pots for flowers.  They are generally over $200, and we really didn’t want to spend that much.  Well, my errands in the AM took me past a going-out-of-business garden center and this is what I scored:

 

 
It is beautiful and just the size we wanted; now we just have to get some dirt and flowers to fill it.  As long as he was working outside, he accomplished another chore….our neighbor removed our 5 -6 foot wide rosemary bush and Michael dragged it to the back forest for compost:


 


The rosemary had a big hole on the side, created because the front bushes got so big.  The gardening people told us that if we cut it down to the ground, it would come up again and we could shape it better…so cross your fingers because it is now gone  L.  I cut a huge amount first and it is safely frozen in a big plastic bag.  Finally all of the outdoor chores were done and the cheesecake was baked.  We headed downstairs, me to knit and Michael to paint and the kids…again getting along:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.