Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Reflections at ice cream social


Sunday morning (6/3) we had a second harvest of blueberries:


and promptly used them up in blueberry pancakes for breakfast, along with bacon and fried potatoes….yum!  I spent the rest of the morning being nervous…and pulling together my band music.  Michael and I headed up to the Lake House at 1 PM for the ice cream social (which started at 2) and the entertainment (Reflections Big Band!!!)  I was very nervous, until I sang the first 2 notes, and then I was fine.  Michael took a lot of pictures of the event:


getting ready

Miss Anne getting ice cream toppings ready

me and Mary Bolton

almost time to start

Sally and Jimmy (frequent visitors to our home)

YUM YUM!!!  we have ice cream socials once a month
all summer!

Anne (across the street neighbor) and Beth (who I walk with every morning)

Floy (friend from Thursday quilting) and her friend Glenda

WHOO HOO - band groupies!!!!!

Jand and Walt (more frequent visitors)

me singing something or other

Walt and Jan cuttin' a rug















It was terrific seeing everyone.  We were home by 5, and just vegged the rest of the evening.



Monday morning (6/4)Michael left for golf, and I putzed downstairs until Donna picked me up at 11 AM.  We went to get our yearly mammograms, then headed out to lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant.  On the way home we hit Hancock’s and Joann’s and I finally got home around 3.  I had a bit of time to read my book before heading up to the pavilion at 6 PM for our square dance.  I had planned to only stay to collect the $$$, but got roped into a couple of dances and didn’t make it back home until 8.  I continued to work on the gauge for a new sweater until bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.