Sunday, June 17, 2012

garden flowers and blueberries

Ok….I only thought I broke the microwave…when we got up Friday (6/15) and Michael plugged it back in…it was fine.  While I was walking with Beth I told her what had happened and she explained that when the microwave overheats, the fan comes on automatically.  This would have been fine, except our fan needs to be repaired, so it made an awful sound when it came on!  Anyway, after Beth and I took our morning walk, I hopped on my bike and headed up to the library to return some books and take out others.  I am currently reading books by Katherine Hall Page.  They are murder mysteries and she started writing in the early 90’s, so I have lots of catching up to do J.  So far, the library has had all of them, and I generally take out 2 at a time because they are quick reads.  Once I got home, Michael made me a great breakfast (corn tortilla, pepper jack cheese, one slice of bacon and a scrambled egg….YUM!) and then filled the house with fresh flowers….the kitchen table: 








                                                                        
the shelf I see when I wash dishes:


















                                                 the coffee table:
















and the bedroom:

















He also picked a few more blueberries from our garden plot (so far we’ve harvested over a quart). 


All in all, he got a lot done Friday morning before leaving for his golfing trip to Pinehurst at NOON.  There are 4 guys going, and they will be home sometime on Monday.  I worked a bit more on my studio and managed to start a set of pillow cases (we bought new feather pillows because ours had gotten so small, and they are TOO BIG for our pillow cases), and had a quick dinner before Evelyn picked me up at 6:30.  We headed to Matthews to see NUNSENCE and it was a really cute play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.