Saturday, October 31, 2015

start of bargello


Michael hopped up early Friday morning (10/30) and was a whirling dervish of work.  He set up an appointment to get our golf cart picked up, and arranged with Phil to pick him up after dropping off our car as well.  Both vehicles have been making funny noises….so it was time to get them checked out.  The golf cart eventually came home with new brakes, and the car needed differential fluid again.  I headed downstairs to work on a new strata.  Remember this:  
 
I bought a jelly roll, sewed 25 strips together…then re-cut and sewed together as a bargello.  It is pretty, but way too long and skinny, so I can’t really make anything out of it.  I found the same jelly roll on AMAZON for a little less money, so I bought a second one.  Mary Jo wanted us to work on a bargello together, so I had it set aside to sew on retreat.  My brain woke up and I realized that if I sewed the second set of 25 strips together on a different machine (my portable one that I take on retreat), there was no way that those 2 strata would match since every machine sews a slightly different seam.  So….I started to sew the strata together here at home.  I had time in the afternoon for a delightfully long call with Mary Jo, and then headed out with Michael to pick up our car.  When we got home I took a nap, since we were driving into Charlotte in the evening and I didn’t want to make that drive while I was tired.  After a quick dinner we took off to see  SUPER NEIL, a tribute group to Neil Diamond starring SURREAL NEIL.  The lead was really good, really did sound like Neil Diamond and had all of the right moves :~).  The music was terrific...and we thought of the BIG BANG show through some of it :~).  We were home around 11 and I finished up my library book before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.