Monday, August 25, 2014


Michael left super early for golf here at SCCL on Saturday (8/23), but they only made it through 16 holes before heading home.  It was way too hot, and slowed down way too much to continue golfing.  I could not tear myself away from my book until NOON, but spent the rest of the day continuing to learn how to stitch on my long arm.  I read for an hour before dinner and finally finished my book…it was EXCELLENT.  It is called Delicious:A Novel and the author is Ruth Reichl.  I can’t wait to get my hands on other books she has written.   Dinner was lots of chopped up roma tomatoes from the garden, tossed with homemade pesto and hot spaghetti.  We watched a library movie ABOUT TIME in the evening while Michael munched down on popcorn.  While he was making it, I put together the overnight Belgium yeast waffles for breakfast on Sunday.
*********************************************
 
We had our waffles and bacon out on the deck Sunday morning (8/24) and had a good time reading the paper and watching the hummingbirds dive bomb each other at the feeder.  After Michael cleaned up the kitchen, he took off to do some grocery shopping and I headed to the studio to unload the finished dog beds and load up an actual (small) quilt.  I had to wash and piece the backing first, but at 1 PM I started to load it.  I got it all pinned and decided to take a break to make the 70 servings of peach crisp I will need for Cooking Fingers tomorrow.  Between doing that, helping Anne carry in her groceries, and a visit with Susan, it was 4 PM by the time I finished.  Michael and I ran the casseroles up to the Lake House fridge, then came home and had dinner.  I headed back down to tighten up my backing, cut batting, float the top of the quilt on and start stitching.  I started stitching at 7 PM and was done by 9.  As I’ve discussed with a couple of people, it is probably less quilting than many people would do, but it is the perfect amount for me…I’ll try to get a picture once the quilt is trimmed.  At 9 I headed upstairs to watch a little TV with Michael and to knit on a new baby sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.