Tuesday, September 18, 2018

MESIG show & tell


I'm kind of surprised....I didn't get many blog comments from people wanting to taste the goodies....but I guess that means more for Inez, Michael and me!!!

***************************

When we got up Monday morning (9/17) our house was 85 degrees…. YIKES!!!  For once it was cooler outside than in, so we opened up before Michael and Cookie left for a long walk.  

When he got home, he made me an egg/cheese/spinach/toast to keep me going while I was working on Sandy D’s second quilt:  


I got several rows done, along with 2 embroideries for pillow cases to match Rainbow Blockhead 














before leaving for Machine Embroidery.  We had a great meeting, with lots of terrific show & tell.  Our challenge for this month was to embroider and make something with a purchased placemant.  All of the following pictures are the result of that challenge (and almost all of the placemats were bought for a dollar!!):  





















Yes, these American girl doll jackets were make from placemats that cost a dollar apiece!!!  She used the hemmed edge so that she didn't have to hem any of the jackets or sleeves....SO VERY CLEVER!!  And, yes, she did the embroidery on them.







the background is the actual placemat!

again, placemat is the background behind the pumpkin





Here's the rest of the 'regular' show and tell:

look familiar Fiber Floozies???



















































I know based on these pictures you must think that we have hundreds of people in our club, but there were only 16 people there yesterday and that's about what we average each month.  These poeple are just WAY productive!!

I was home just after 3 PM and  continued to work on Sandy’s quilt:


We stopped for pizza from Harris Teeter (grocery store) for dinner before Paula picked me up for a long ride through our community.  It started out that she had something to deliver to pod “V” and so did I, so off we went!  We drove hither and yon, talking all the while….I think it was 9 PM when I finally got home.  By then, the house was up to 90 degrees, so Michael and I continued to huddle in the basement watching TV.  He ended up sleeping on the basement couch, while I was on the lanair, with both fans going full blast.

1 comment:

  1. You can bet your bottom dollar - if I lived close enough - I would be signed up for 'tasting' !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.