Saturday, November 23, 2013

living room, fall wall hanging


Michael made a quick stop at the grocery store on Friday night and bought us bagels for Saturday morning (11/22) breakfast.  They were yummy and I spent a bit of time afterwards trying to put our living room back in order from the art crawl (pile on left chair is what I’m keeping, pile on right is what I’m donating):
 



and purging masses of papers, magazines and books under my side table.  Many years ago, Leila made me a pinwheel block out of stained glass.  For several years it hung on our front door…until the command hook finally let go (by some miracle, the block didn’t break and it now resides safely sitting on a living room window).  Anyway, I’ve always wanted to put something else up on the door, and as I was putting away the craft stuff, I noticed a Christmas wall hanging that would do.  But since it’s not yet Thanksgiving, I ran downstairs to get this:

 




 

 

 

I figure I’ll put up the Christmas one next week!  At 1 PM I left and dropped off things at 3 houses on my way to Marilyn’s to fill out the ornaments for our Angel Tree which will start next Sunday.  That took several hours, then I hit the bank and delivered something else on the way home.  I took a nap once I got there (my plantar fasciitis has flared up over the past couple of weeks and sometimes the pain just makes me tired) and finally got up in time to see Michael putting up our Christmas lights.  We won’t light them yet, but Michael tries to get them up on a warm-ish day.  We were supposed to go to the theatre in the evening, but both of us were beat, so we cancelled out tickets and stayed home to eat leftover soup, snuggle and knit and watch TV.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.