Sunday, May 5, 2019

plants, QoV top finished, Cookie


My honey decided to get most of his gardening chores out of the way on Saturday morning (5/4) before he had breakfast.  He planted dahlia seeds in our big blue pot out front, and dug out some of our yellow irises to make room for a lavender plant that Pam brought us for Easter:  



He also got a sage plant into the front garden:  


Sage won’t last in a pot over the winter (as I learned last winter), but it should overwinter in the ground…here’s hoping :~).  We still have a new rosemary plant to put out.  I’ve planted rosemary in the ground in the front of our house…but it grows into a HEDGE…getting much too big.  I tried it in a pot last year…and it was wonderful, but didn’t survive the winter.  This year I’d like to try to sink a large pot into the ground and put the rosemary in it….trying to contain it for the summer, and keeping it alive over the winter…we’ll see.  We still have basil seeds and parsley & daisy & sunflower seeds to plant, as well as 4 – 5 tomato plants.  

But first I re-started quilting on my second QoV.  While that was stitching out, I got the first set of borders on my last QoV made at the QUAP retreat in March:  



And by 3 PM I had the final borders put on:  


Michael came down to work on his emails while I was sewing, and we watched a bit of TV while Cookie snuggled up on the extra batting:



After that I had to shut down and unplug my longarm as a thunder/lightening storm went overhead, and was hoping I could finish the last row.  But the thunder/lightening kept rolling and rolling and I decided better safe than sorry, so never booted my machine back up.  

I had leftover Mexican for dinner (yum!) and knit the night away while watching TV with my honey.

I'm still making progress on this list:

-binding blue/purple quilt from Fiber Floozie retreat.  Binding is made.
-label for Michael’s cousin.  I’m changing out my generic label to one
        applying specifically to her.        DONE!
-hanger to hold scissors/seam ripper on longarm (I gave the one I
        made to Kristen because it fit Miss Scarlett perfectly and I
        didn’t think I could use it.  But I’ve now figured I could make the
        same thing, just with a much longer hanging cord and it would be
        perfect.  I’m already annoyed at how many times I am searching
        for scissors/seam ripper and I’ve only done 2 quilts!!!
-cut fabric for disappearing hour glass (the new quilt I want to start) Halfway there!
-binding on quilt for Barry K.  I had a small quilt that Kristen practiced
        on and I need to get it labeled and bound.
-finish edges of muslin circle quilt.  This is the first item I did on the
        new longarm.  The edges need to be finished so that it can be
        donated to the animal shelter for a bed.
-load up 3 QoV on new longarm   Second quilt has been basted and I’ve started quilting it.
-remove pool table cover from frame and rip out basting     DONE!
-trim & stitch edge of pool table cover       DONE!!
-borders on last retreat QoV…this is leftover from my last list  :~(  DONE!
-sympathy note & photos to Peggy      DONE!

Michael and Cookie were out walking the other day and Michael got the coolest pic of a stunning moth:



2 comments:

  1. Tell Michael thank you for sharing the moth picture. Nature is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.