Thursday, May 26, 2016

vote!, inked up top done, ice box cake



I got a bunch of smaller tasks done on Wednesday (5/25).  First up, ironing and cutting up the perfect “pink” fabric I found on our shopping trip last Wednesday:     



 Then I decided to lay it out on my design wall and see if I liked one configuration better than another…please leave me a comment with the layout you like best….or please let me know if you don’t really see any difference:  

choice green

choice pink

choice blue


 There is one other choice….I have lots of the dragonfly multi-color fabric left….should I be putting that in between EACH of the other colors? 

Anyway, Jan stopped by for a bit of help in getting napkins ready to rip and ended up staying for lunch (ham & cheese sandwiches).  Anyway, that took a bit of time, then I dropped back to putting black borders on my recently finished top....I'm too short to put it on the design wall myself...you'll just have to content yourself with a partial pic:


By then I headed upstairs to make another attempt at an ice box cake.  I made pudding, and after it was chilled, put the cake together:

 
I put a layer of mint oreo thins in bottom of dish



then added pudding and another layer of cookies

middle layer of cookies done

a second layer of pudding and the rest of the cookies on top











































I didn't have 12 cookies left for the top....maybe because I ate some when I opened the package....hmmm???  By then it was time to go to dinner with Paula.  I picked her up in the golf cart and we headed over to ZAXBY's for salads to go.  We headed back to her house and ate and talked for about an hour.  I went home to read for a bit, then Cookie & I headed over to Jan's house for several hours.  I was home by 10:30 and in bed by 11.

3 comments:

  1. I think I'd like to see the dragonfly in between each of the colors. Love the inked up top. Looks like you're looking through a window !

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for the pink one
    Loree

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is choice blue. Happy Days! Inez

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.