Monday, May 30, 2016

hidden wells started, Leila's quilt finished, cinnamon buns



I guess there’s some tropical storm that moved in on us overnight, so we awoke Sunday morning (5/29) to solid rain…no planting for me!  Well shucks….I was FORCED to head to the studio and craft all day long :~).  I worked all day on my patriotic blocks and I got 6 completed by late afternoon:   

final strata...all from Ginny's stash






































Do you see the mistake in my layout???  Look at the top two blocks....I don't have the blue meeting in the center, between the red and blue block.  You have to be very careful laying this out!  

After that I dropped back to finishing Leila’s quilt and that was done by dinnertime:




 We had leftover stroganoff for dinner, then I put together dough for cinnamon buns.  I've never made cinnamon buns and plan to take them to Paula's for breakfast on Monday.  The dough rose for 2 hours, then I put the buns together:

beautiful dough rolled out to a 20'' by 18'' rectangle

laved with butter

sprinkled with brown sugar/cinnamon mix

heaped with pecans

carefully rolled up

voila....ready to rise in fridge overnight

 I hope they will be awesome...I'll bake them in the morning and then cover with cream cheese frosting.  After that it was TV watching, then off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.