Thursday, November 1, 2012

entrelac sweater in progress


Jan and I hit the ground running on Tuesday (10/30), leaving at 8:30 for Hobby Lobby (for yarn and Thanksgiving sales) and Ollie’s (a discount place) and sewing machine repair for Jan to drop off another one of her sewing machines.  We also had to hit an embroidery store for me…I’ve been avoiding it for quite awhile so, we get lost getting there…finally find it….it is EMPTY!!  All locked up, no furniture in it…nothing.  I am beating myself up BIG TIME.  Jan says ‘maybe it’s in the next set of buildings down’ …I go down….nothing there…by then we are close to where they had a store in the beginning, so I go and look there….nothing….I am so bummed….this is all my fault for procrastinating….as I swing the car around to leave the parking lot…I see the store name in another area.  Long story short (too late  J) we go in and even though I have had this stuff FOREVER, they are so nice and exchange everything I want….WHEW!!!!!  Jan and I celebrate on the way home!  I told her when we go to pick up her machine from being fixed, that I want to take a plate of cupcakes to the embroidery people. 

In the afternoon I went to Stitch and Chat and work on my entrelac sweater: 

As I may have mentioned, I finally made the split for the underarm and have completed about 3 inches since them.  People will certainly see me coming in this sweater....but I hope it also makes people smile.
 
Michael wanted to watch a scary movie in the evening, so he made popcorn and watched the movie, while I continued to knit and watch TV in the studio.

HALLOWEEN!!!  Happy Halloween to everyone! Michael left for golfing (coming home with an 89, but that put him in 3rd place and he won 8 bucks) while I stayed home and read and knit on my charity sweater for the entire day and night.  Sometimes I wish I knit faster, but it is what it is and generally I try to remain content.

 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, your sweater does make me smile. It is really cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cannot hit the ground running-- it hurts!!!

    Love Michael

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.