Sunday, May 29, 2011

Walt/Jan/Sally/Jimmy

Friday morning I felt like I had been hit by a truck!  I think I spent too much time on my feet in the last 3 days.  Luckily, it was a relaxing day.  I spent a lot of it sewing on an apron.  I’ve wanted an apron FOREVER!!!  And not just a thin one, since I’m forever getting the front of my shirts wet when I wash dishes.  I finally found a pattern I liked and decided to quilt the front of it and that’s what I’m currently working on.  I made hamburger buns for the cookout from a new recipe and also a cherry crumble for dessert.  JWalt and Jan and Sally and Jimmy came for dinner and pronounced everything wonderful! 

The new bun recipe (http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2011/05/16/countdown-to-summer-beautiful-burger-buns/) was a hit and so was the pasta salad and dessert.  I think all of us were kind of tired, as we just sat around and talked for a bit after dinner (no game playing).

Saturday morning Michael left for golf and I got back to work on my apron.  I really boobed the lining piece!  I had it cut out and set aside, unfortunately when I went to cut pieces for the apron straps, that’s the piece I grabbed!!!  I found more fabric leftover from the front piece and grafted it onto the lining piece.  I got it all put together; just have to do the straps now.  Since it was our anniversary (6 years!), when Michael got home we had champagne and puffy things for dinner!  We usually don’t exchange gifts, but Michael gave me a beautiful pair of silver earrings and also the last of the ‘clan of the cave bear books’ entitled THE LAND OF PAINTED CAVES.  We snuggled on the couch and watched TV and knit the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.