Thursday, November 9, 2017

Mexican Chicken Soup, deer quilt top finished

I had Mexican chicken soup in the crockpot by 7:30 AM on Wednesday (11/8):  


With Michael leaving on the early side for rehearsal, we have to eat dinner earlier….so we’ve kind of been eating breakfast a little later, skipping lunch and having an early dinner.  I got my blog out and got showered and dressed before SKYPE-ing with Janice at 9 AM.  I had to have everything done because the minute we were done talking (around 10:15), I headed out the door for a routine doctor’s appointment.  I stopped at Harris Teeter on the way home to order some sandwiches for Thursday.  We have approximately 17 veterans coming for lunch and we are thrilled!!!  But, we were a bit worried about having enough food….so we voted and agreed to buy a sandwich platter to supplement what the rest of us are bringing.  I spent a good bit of time in the afternoon putting together a penne casserole…basically you make a yummy sauce, then layer sauce, pasta, cheese, and do a second layer and you’re done!  


We had Mexican chicken soup for dinner and it was yummy, then Michael left at 5:30 for rehearsal for Scrooge, and I spent the rest of the evening in my studio.  By the time Michael got home, the deer quilt top was finished:  


And in keeping with the new habit I am trying to develop, I made binding to go with the quilt:


1 comment:

  1. I still can't get over how many times our group has made the "deer" pattern, and it looks different and wonderful each time.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.