Monday, March 13, 2017

snow!

This is what we woke up to Sunday (3/12) morning :~(:  


I left Michael eating oatmeal in front of the fire and headed downstairs.  I am happy to say (after MUCH, MUCH procrastination) that by NOON our personal taxes and the Quilt Devo taxes were all pulled together….ready to be dropped off on Monday….YAYAYAY!!!  I even had a bit of time to continue to sew strips on muslin bases 



before leaving at 1 PM to head into Charlotte for BOOTY CANDY at Actor’s Theatre.  I would love to get to the point where all of my muslin bases have at least 3 strips sewn on them…but when you’re working with 100 blocks…and only getting strips as you finish other projects with compatible colors…it takes a long time.  I’m hoping this week that I can go through a bunch more of my scraps to find fabric that I can use.  Even thought we had snow in the morning, the roads were absolutely dry for our drive into Charlotte.  I absolutely LOVED the play at Actor’s Theatre.  The write-up for this play was “Sutter is on an outrageous odyssey through his childhood home, church, dive bars, motel rooms and even nursing homes.  The author weaves together scenes, sermons, sketches and daring meta-theatric to create a kaleidoscope of vignettes that interconnect to portray growing up gay and black.  This play confronts racial, sexual and cultural stereotypes.”  Upon reading that I wasn’t sure whether the play was going to go for shock value or what, but it was far from that.  It was at times heartbreaking, at times funny, at times so real that I wanted to march down and SLAP the actors for behaving in that intolerant way and keeping their heads firmly in the sand.  I was fortunate enough to run into the director and Sutter (the character who gives voice to the play) afterwards and got to give them each a big hug and tell them how much I enjoyed it and how glad I was that ATC chose to put on the play.  And as usual, the acting was superb!  We stopped at RUBY TUESDAYS for dinner on the way home (with a buy 1 get 1 free burger coupon) and then hit the movie theatre for advance tickets and MICHAELS for some things for Michael’s baby project.  I still seemed to have a lot of energy when we got home…and Michael wanted to watch some of his shows, so I sewed until 9 PM and now all 100 of my blocks have 3 strips sewn on them…WHOO HOO!!  


After that it was knitting, TV watching and then bed.

2 comments:

  1. How many strips get sewn on each base ? Good job working your way to a hundred done !

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's not snow, sweetie. Manchester had SNOW (14-18").

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.