Saturday, September 3, 2016

more Clinton quilts, new patriotic started


Michael headed out right after breakfast on Friday (9/2) to buy certificates for a sale on golf rounds at Ballentyne Country Club, while I stayed home to let in the furnace guy for a routine seasonal check of our furnace.  After that I started back in on Linda’s quilt.  My equipment still wasn’t working correctly….thank goodness it was not the software.  The stitch outs were perfect…I just couldn’t baste the sides of the quilt as I advanced it, so I had to sit there and hold down the sides for every row…but by 1 PM it was done!  I headed upstairs for my traditional meal when I am sick….Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup, and read my book while I was eating it.  I’m reading a series of murder mysteries and the protagonist is a woman who owns a donut shop….she puts many recipes in the books, and all I want to do now is make donuts :~).  I pulled together more quilts for Clinton,

rainbow disappearing 4 patch

2 more fish quilts

someone donated this to me for Clinton

ok...Michael just LOVED this one...so he gets to keep it:-)

one of my favorites....blocks embroidered by Barb

even though Debbie called and said she couldn't pick them up until Monday or Tuesday….she RAVED about the quilts she picked up yesterday!!  I was excited when we first talked because she said the kids were already asking about the quilts, but she told them she wasn’t bringing them out until after Labor Day….I was thrilled to hear that the quilts obviously had an impact on the kids and they are looking forward to them again this year!  I took a long nap in the afternoon, and finally headed downstairs around 5 PM.  I’ve been working on the blocks for the YELLOW BRICK ROAD (still using Ginny's fabric for another patriotic quilt)…and Michael laid them out for me….so now I’m sewing them together: 

crazy...right?


I sewed until 7, then headed up to snuggle with my honey and watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.