Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Bithday Party!!


Michael left before 8 AM on Saturday (7/26) for golf here at SCCL.  I read my book for a bit in the morning and finally finished THE ROSIE PROJECT (written by the same guy who wrote Silver Linings Palybook)…and it was excellent.  Jan picked me up for a big grocery shopping trip after that and we had a great time, talking and shopping!  In the afternoon I was in the studio, trying to get everything straightened up (BG and I dragged out a bunch of stuff while she was here).  Michael came home with a score of 85.  Susan came over at 5:15 and we left to meet Lisa & Dean for dinner at Mama Ricottas (heaven….and the FOURTH time we have eaten out this week!!!) and then DREAM A LITTLE DREAM (the story of the Mamas & Papas) at Actor’s Theatre.  The play was wonderful and the music was better.  We got home around 11 PM and I stayed up until 2 AM trying to finish a book.  I was reading 2 books at once, as the 'brothers' book was kind of dark.  I didn’t finish it until Sunday evening…it was an EXCELLENT book: ONCE WE WERE BROTHERS, a personal perspective on the Nazi occupation in Germany.

********************************************
 
We had an early breakfast on Sunday (7/27) and spent the rest of the time until 2 PM making caramel pecan bars,
 
 
peach crisp and unwrapping my spectacular birthday cake

absolutely loaded with chocolate curls all
around the 9 inch edge
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
before our guests (and more food) arrived at 2 PM.

 
Paula & Dee

Beth, Jan & Jean (Jean will be coming to the Fiber Floozie's Retreat!

Howard, Doug & Jim

Susan & Ann Mary

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Loree, Debra & Gale

Jim & Phil

Reg & Bill

Dennis (with a mouthful of cake...I guess I could have timed
that better!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
Sue & Ann Mary

John

Miss Anne, Mary Lu & Ginny

Howard & Larry
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ralph & Bill

Paula, Sue, Gale, Loree & Debra

Ginny's famous Chocolate chip cookes, decimated peach crisp in background

Jan's famous rum cake and Paula's fabulous lemon bars
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bill & Beth

beautiful flowers sent from Sally
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And in what might be my favorite gift of all....a crown from Joanne
 

entire caption on crown reads 'OLD FOOD & FIBER FLOOZIE' and even
has a picture of me on the front!!!  I LOVE it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I think I got almost everyone's picture....there were 33 people here and again, if the noise level was any indication, everyone had a good time.  We cleaned up a bit after the party, and then I was absolutely exhausted, so I took a nap for an hour, then Michael and I talked about stuff for over 1/2 an hour and by then it was around 8 PM.  We watched TV for a bit, finally cut and wrapped the rest of the cake, watched a bit more TV and headed for bed…it was a delightful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.