Thursday, November 3, 2011

Michael left early for golf on Wednesday (11/2) and I got Mexican Chicken soup in the crockpot before heading to the studio.  I know I’ve been blogging about a lot of knitting and weaving…with no pictures to show for it…but that’s because I usually put everything almost done in a pile and leave the ‘finishing details’ until I have a group of things to do…so here are pictures of 5 finished scarves (all already sold): 


 and 4 woven scarves:

I’ve already shown you the first scarf in browns, but wanted you to see the second side by side.  They were both warped the same, then the first was woven with the lightest brown and the second was woven with the medium brown.  Again the 2 pink scarves were warped the same, but one was woven with a solid pink and one was woven with the same thread as the warp thread.

I made 2 pans of cornbread in the afternoon and Jeannie arrived at 4:30 (just after Michael got home from golf with an 86 on a course he had never seen!!!) for my pressure canning lesson.  I ladled hot soup into 4 quart jars, poured in water, popped on the lid and away we went.  While we were waiting for it to start steaming and then to process for 75 minutes, we ate soup and cornbread for dinner and talked and talked and talked and talked!!!  We also set up a time for our next bread class at the high school…that will be the Monday of Thanksgiving week.  It is VERY hard to believe that we will be celebrating our FIFTH Thanksgiving in South Carolina.  It took me the rest of the night to label my scarves and table runners for the open house….a tedious fiddle-y job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.